Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Everything is Relative!!


June swooned and went away . . . July Flies! . . . in the California Heat with a glass of wine and a smoked sunset my thoughts have turned to relevant phrase of " everything is Relative" which when asked, "how are you?", when things were not going well at the yard,  and i had just heard my younger brother had been diagnosed with Stage 4 Carcinoma, i reflected and replied, "Personally i am excellent, healthy, emotionally unsettled and concerned for the well being of my brother! What a trooper we knew he would be . . . as the Deakin and extended family immediately circled the spiritual wagons and the realities of the frailty of Diagnosed life enters our consciousness we all, Dennis and Janet first, have stepped up to the nothing is impossible page! . . . i quote from "Alice in Wonderland" . . .  
"There's no use trying.'  Alice said, 'One can't believe impossible things!'
"'I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen, 'When I was your age I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.'" (I was reminded of that quote reading Barbara Kingsolvers "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" which is a fine read digging to the roots of locavores! )
You gotta love the reappearance of many things at the farmers markets!
So, I digress, with the great attitude of two families and many friends, we venture forth! looking for alternative solutions and will be happy to hear of any!
I look forward to spending many closer years with Brother Dennis as i am reminded of the frailty of our existence and things not done!! . . . and of the power of the human spirit and things yet to do!
More about the reality of Relativity next blog!

No comments: